www.ara.cat/

domingo, 28 de noviembre de 2010

I AGREE MISTER FOSTER


Yesterday i went to see a film. I surf the net in the evening searching for something suitable for my, for my environment, for the inner moment I am in. I just bump into Norman Foster. I know nothing about him but a documentary about the work of an architect seems interesting, challenging.

When you are in a period in which an obsesion dominates you(and I always usually am)everything move you towards it. Lord Foster is a european but a global one. Little by little,and thanks to verdi's cinema, the engligsh words and images explain to us Foster's endavour to turn dreams into building. I remember making a post about manhattans skycrapers in a particular bad night for me.

I learn some fantastic things about whay a building means and how its conception developes. Norman is present in barcelona too, coserolla tower is his footprint in this marvellous city. Architecture has interested me for quite a long time although i've never done a true effort to understand it. I remember myself borrowing books from UA library about the subject. The fact is I'm not interested in ancien contructions; however the modern ones fascinate me in a deep maner. And that's the kind of work Norman does.

Ideas turn into drawing and dreams into reality. Norman tries to sump up cultures, civilisations through his work. As I said before he's a global european who has workes in China, Abu Dhabi, the states, Brasil...

He shows us one concern: he's completely capable of seeing that Europe is not working hard enough to keep pace with the world. We're slow, and we're losing the game. Norman is a british man, a child form Manchester but tells us how little we are, how the other parts of the globe are struggling hard. I agree, i've to say sadly. It's not love what's in the air; instead what is in it is a painful truth: the decadence of Europe.

Visit Norman's site: www.fosterandpartners.com!

*In the image Foster and his spanish wife

PD: it's completely incredible how english come to my mind after a long time. It's in me, inside, waiting to be awake. Word come to my brain even after I know what do they mean. My frist tryp abroad was to London city, nine years ago. I was twenty and didn't know I spoke english. I was a wonderfull surprise. But there's one thing I dont' forge: english is my key to open the world.

No hay comentarios: